Well, it has been a long time since the last time I blogged and some exciting things have been going on in our life. Dane and I went to San Francisco over fall break to visit my brother and his 2 little boys. It was a great time. I drove with my parents and Dane flew because he had a test that his teacher wouldn't let him take early.
My parents and I arrived on Thursday morning and we spent the day being entertained by little kids and trying to keep them entertained. We spent a lot of time reading books and going to the park. I loved it.
Dane flew in on Thursday evening and my dad, Dale and I drove into San Francisco to pick him up. I was so excited to see him even though it has only been one day since the last time I saw him. I just don't like to be without him.
Friday my uncle Mel came to visit. We went to lunch and Gavriel wasn't a very happy camper. He got mad at Opa and told him... "Opa, I'm not talking to you, I'm not listening to you!" He really needed a nap, but he thinks that he is to old for that. After lunch Dale drove around with him and Oisin and they both took a needed nap. My parents, Mel, Dane and I went back to Callie and Dale's apartment to visit. I needed a nap because I had gone to bed late that night and Gav decided that 6am was when he was going to get up. That meant no more sleeping for me.
When Dale got back from his drive/nap time with the boys we went to the park to play. Gavriel decided that he was going to find all the rocks he could in the sand box and then decided that we needed to take them all home with us. Everyone walked home with their hands full of rocks. I'm not really sure what he ever did with all of them. He is such a silly little boy.
Saturday we went into San Fran. We went to Mel's house and saw his new library and also visited with Peter. They had a great little brunch for us and then we drove downtown and walked around China Town. Kase and Val had gone to Sacramento to visit her family and they met us in San Francisco for the day. We had a great time. We had lunch at a Chinese restaurant in China Town, then we drove down to Pier 39. It was a beautiful day.
Dane had never been to San Francisco before so it was fun to go and see some things with him. After the Pier we down Lombard Street, drove across the Golden Gate Bridge, stopped to take pictures, then we drove to the coast to watch the sun set. We didn't quite make it there in time, but we did get to put our feet in the ocean and we took pictures. It was a perfect day filled with family and lots of beautiful places. We had a great time and we were sad to see it end.
Sunday morning we woke up and my parents drove us up to Sacramento so Dane and I could drive home with Kase and Val. It was a long drive and we were glad to get home. We weren't so excited about going back to school the next morning, but we were glad to not be in the car anymore.
We had such a wonderful time in California! We sure love our family there and miss them. One thing that I realized on this trip is how grateful I am that Dane and I are only having one baby, and that this baby is coming to us as a new born and not as a 3 and 5/6 year old and a 18 month old. :)












yay! So cute!
ReplyDelete